April 28, 2010

Spring!

I recently celebrated my birthday, and I must give Colleen huge props for pulling together an awesome birthday weekend. Unfortunately work tried it's best to get in the way, but I managed to fend off the worst of it and still make it to the party. After a photo finish at work, we zipped up to a lovely sushi dinner friday night with Rachel, Jake, Dev, and Rhiannon, then went to the Roseland Theater to watch RJD2 live (instrumental electronica, kinda). It has been a really long time since I went to a small venue show like that, and I must say, it was great! I really want to go to more in the coming months (works well, especially because Matt Stasiak is a bouncer at the crystal ballroom) The show went until 2am, I went to Col's folks house to sleep for 2 hours, then I drove back to Corvallis to complete a spray project for OSU that started at 6am. Then it was back to Portland! On Sunday, Rhiannon, Dev, Col, and I went to Edgefield McMenamins to enjoy drinks at each of their 12 bars, sit in their hot baths, and walk the 300 ac of gardens. The gardening prowess of their master gardeners is amazing. I can think of only my Aunt Sandy who has a nicer, more creatively composed garden.

No comments: