January 12, 2006

Recalled X-Mas Presents

So to this date, other people have contributed most of the hardware to my climbing gear collection. The latest addition was a set of new CCH Aliens off Ebay. And then Mooner sent me a link to a photo sequence of a guy falling and blowing out an orange alien (which they recalled 200 or so over the summer because of a misdrilled hole) but this one was completely mangled; the wire just pulled out of the brazing. Then rumors started, an independent set of tests was done, and found that they broke far under the rated strength. RECALL!!! And my set was 8 months older than the recall date. Well, I'll climb on 'em. Poor CCH though, if they survive this financially, it'll be a miracle.
So the ancient eqyptions used to remove the organs of the deceased before embalming. For the brain, they would insert a blade through the nose, scramble the brain into little chunks and then pull it out of their nose. ...I know what that feels like now. I sat through 3 hrs of Forestry 457 "Linear Programming" and didn't comprehend anything. It felt like what he covered in 3 hrs should have taken a whole month of classes. And the worst thing is, I can't blame ADD on this one because I know I was paying attention to John Sessions the whole damn time trying to comprehend SOMETHING! Its just too complicated. This teacher is a crackup too; totally old fashioned and his work is his life, litterally.

No comments: