January 05, 2006

Sierra Cement... in Idaho

The snow in Sun Valley was definitely less than ideal, but I won't complain too much because there was alot of it! Every morning for 7 days there was at least 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground (usually closer to a foot). It was fairly wet snow for Idaho but we got some colder snow days towards the end. I really like boarding at Sun Valley, but I really don't like the people who visit the town. The locals seem pretty cool but the people who go there to visit are absurd! I saw more fluffy shag boots(mid calf, poofy, UGLY AS HELL!) and long haired chiwawas in 7 days than I have seen in Oregon in 6 months. Says something about the people who visit the place. Oh, and new years was bunk because the bar with the cheapest cover was $85!!!!!! Yea, not going to pay that. ...So I watched Southpark with Alec and acknowledged the new year with a sip of beer. Oh how I love you Sam Adams. You're my only friend! Oh, and my dad tore his ACL/MCL; what a lucky guy!
I guess the one positive thing about the place was that I didn't have to pay for anthing for a whole week! sweet! I got a really bad cold while there, but dad was paying for lift tickets, so I had to keep boarding while it didn't cost anything. As a result, I a still sick a week later.

No comments: