April 05, 2007

The great and mythical, Friday!

Its friday. Well, my friday. I ran out of stuff to do at work, so my boss wished me a Happy Friday. I was stoked and took off as any person would. He wished me Happy Friday pretty much the same way you would talk about any other yearly holiday/birthday. It is like it is some incredible holiday, but no, it is just like any other day of the week. I bet prisoners in jail talk about their release dates like we talk about Friday every week.
I find we start thinking and talking about Friday pretty much starting Monday morning. If someone who didnt know what a "Friday" was, they would hear us talking about Friday and probably assume it was a great god or at least Santa Clause.
Friday can also be a goal. Friday can be the day you have to have something done, or want to Making it to Friday is another reason to really keep at that job for just one more week. Keep telling yourself that you can make it till Friday.
God, after working for 40 years I cant imagine how incredible Fridays must seem.

It is the day that keeps on giving! (once a week to be exact)

Note: I wrote this a while ago but forgot to post it, so here ya go.

No comments: