May 09, 2007

I got a new job!

Woot! I will be spending the next 5 months or so in Bend, OR working on trails in the Deschutes National Forest. Unfrtunately I will have to take a 15 cent pay cut from my job now, but hey, I am still coming out on top because now it doesn't cost 60$ to get to Smith! I will be working 4 ten hour days per week all over the forest. I am on a 5 person crew which is responsible for maintaining 2000+ miles of trail in the woods (I have my work cut out for me). Some of the projects my new boss was telling me about are coordinating volunteer groups, building 2 new XC ski shelters, some backcountry work, and possibly fire training/work. Should be sweet!

Additionally, if you know anyone looking for a roomate in Bend, please tell me. I can't camp at the grasslands all summer. :)
The forest:

3 comments:

melanie said...

Sounds Kick Ass! Congratulations!

Arielita said...

Congrats on the job, that sounds sick! So does that mean you will not be at bombs on Tuesday night? we were going to try and call to talk to you guys.

Colleen said...

I already knew this, but I'll gladly throw out a "Heck yes!"