August 11, 2007

Holy Hell! I got a ferret. Is that really the pet that you imagined me getting as a first pet? No. But the little guy needed a home because his original owner decided ferrets weren't her thing. My roommate had Sid (I added "Vicious" for a last name) for a while but I saw what was going on there and that ferret was going to end up dead or lost by the end of the month if Vanessa kept him. So I took over the little bugger. I really like him. Yes, he likes to get in trouble ("Trouble" is his nickname). The first night I let him stay in my room out of the cage, he tipped over a full glass of water onto my head at about one in the morning. It was all I could do not to strangle him. And living up to the ferret reputation he likes to hide things. His favorite items seem to be my crocs, a baggie of change, the kitten's hemp mouse, and best of all, my dayplanner. I love the little guy though.

I am finally getting a little burnt out on hiking. I was wondering how long I would make it this summer. I still haven't started the new job. This hiring process is getting a little too drawn out. I have verbal confirmation that I am the guy, but havent signed anything yet. I met my new boss last night for dinner when he was passing through Bend and that was nice to connect up with him again at least. I am going to be busy this winter though; I have a 400 question test that I have to take to get my herbicide consultants license and the study materials came in a big box. I thought I left school so I could make fun of Colleen for having to do work at home. Now I am getting it. Although, I guess I am going to be working from home part of the time. *big smile*
(wow, I managed to start almost every sentence of that last paragraph with "I")

On Friday Logan, Dev, myself and some others are heading to WA to attempt Emmons Glacier route on Mt. Rainier. I'll let you know how that goes. Thats all for now. I have more pictures but cant post them from the work computer. They'll get up eventually, I just had to post something so you wouldn't think I was dead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog from your comment posted on out blog page. Anyway, we used to have 2 ferrets too, named Lazie and Ploppie. Fun little guys, too bad you only have 1 because the best thing to watch is when they are wrestling. Lazie would flip Ploppie until she lies on her back and he will drag her across the room and into my desk. We have to give them up because we are leaving OR soon for a long travel trip around US and it's not a life for 2 ferrets.