August 01, 2007

china hat burns

So, um if you were planning on going caving any time in the next week or so out on China Hat Rd.; don't. someone just lit a fire out there today and it is growing in a hurry. I went up to Lava Butte this evening and watched it burn over Bessie butt and continue southward got some sweet pictures of the planes dropping retardant on it too.
If anyone is ever in the Bend area and wanting to go backpacking or hiking or just find some really sweet places to check out for an afternoon, give me a call. I think what I haven't made in social contacts out here, I have made up for in mother nature contact. I have gotten so much "local" knowledge of the mountains around here after such a short time it is incredible. And I am getting paid to hike! I rule.

1 comment:

Arielita said...

Yes Ian, you do rule...you even have a facebook group saying so. I loved your blog about the "big step"...I could see the whole thing happening. I bet it was easy to hide the ring in Col's pack which probobly had half of her house in it. Miss you guys!!!
paco