May 28, 2008

Malheur County

"The entire population of the world - 5.4 billion people- could fit into Harney and Malheur counties alone with 103 square feet per person, a population density little greater than Hong Kong's. (Oregonian , July 25, 1993)"

And yet, those two Oregon counties are two of the largest and least populated in the lower 48. And that is where I am headed next week for work! The Steens Mountains are gorgeous high desert, but aside from that, there really isnt anything in southeast OR. I will be staying in Fields, OR. Heard of it? Probably not. The population is around 10 and it has 5 buildings, 3 of which are motel rooms. Yee Haw! I cant figure out if this is going to be more or less fun than working in New Mexico for a month. Nah, nothing can be worse than that.

Colleen and I also have gotten a lot done on the house recently. Since the weather was pretty much shit everywhere for Memorial Day, we stayed home and got hella shiz done on the climbing gym and back yard. We have spent near a grand on plants at Garlands (veggies, dogwoods, gardenia, seeds, dirt, blueberries!, roses, and rhodies) , I have spent near a grand I think on the climbing gym, and it is really great to see it all coming together.
If you havent seen the house yet, I've added some photos of the inside too now that we have gotten moved in.

No comments: