September 11, 2008

poor communication

Sometimes work really sucks. I have my boss and another guy (i guess technically my other boss, but he is in new mexico) both pissed off at me. They didn't talk to each other until the last second to decide which project I would be working on for the next 4 weeks, so now I am working on two at the same time. The catch is, both projects have stipulations in the contract that there has to be someone "on the ground" with knowledge of GIS (me). Being in NM and OR at the same time is a little tough, never mind that I am trying to juggle both projects work loads in my head. Of course one is bound to make mistakes (I only made a small one) and the stress of one boss having VERY poor communication skills and not knowing if the contract manager is going to call off the project because we arent meeting the specified obligations has them both on edge. I misinterpreted something in excel and put in a wrong acreage for a few units. This was caught 3 days before work is even starting, thus isn't that big of a deal, but with all the other stress, they are both really pissed at the liddle mistake. I am hearing a lot of "there is no room for errors!" right now. Grrrrr. and I havent had a weekend in 2 weeks and probably wont get one for another two. 12 hr days are fun! Shoot me in the face !
And to really compound things, just as all this is coming to a head, the massive shit I took in my boss's bathroom an hour before (mind you his office is in the basement of his house) rockets out of the toilet when a coworker tries to flush and floods the bathroom. That was the final straw. Holy shit.

1 comment:

Jimi said...

Don't worry, you can drink yourself stupid at my party. Then have a couch to sleep on for the night if ya want. But only if you bring that flag.