December 16, 2006

Christmas party

My bottle of Makers Mark died a noble death last night. I think that the apartment we were having the party at in SF could only have fit more people if you had started stacking them up. Thank god for the roof though, we were able to get up there and relax away from the crowd. Though, the roof was a slightly dangerous spot to be I guess. We were warned about the "Death Holes" and truly, if you fell into one you would have a nasty 5 story fall into the inbetween-apartments-space that has no ground exit (The only purpose I could see for the death holes was to have a window to vent the air in the bathrooms of each apartment). I guess you can also talk to your neighbor across the way when you are peeing or something.
Ahah, some more of the night just came back to me as I am writing this! One of the few places we were able to find seating was in the bathtub. It was a little damp we found out later but it did make for a place to sit. Man, I wonder what I dont remember.

Oh, and check this out, so I borrowed my dad's mercedes for the night (sweet!) and I go to pick up Kevin before the party. On the way, I encounter a stop sign. Upon accelerating the trunk of the car(unbeknownst to me) opens and dumps some of my dads stuff into the road. I realize the trunk is open several miles later, stop, close it, and go back to pick up anything that might have fallen out. It opens up again(found out later the latch was busted) and really dumps everything out all over the road this time, right in a blind corner on a very busy 45 mph road. In 5 minutes I managed to not get hit by traffic, slam my thumb in the car door, lose the car keys, and have one of the headlights go out. I was seriously pissed by the time I got everything sorted out. Helluva start to a night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're all wondering what we don't remember. You should upload those photos you took. Soon. Were you involved in the tub photo session?