December 25, 2006

I have underestimated California

Wow, I had quite the evening in SF. I figured the night before I left for Idaho(ski vacation) I'd try to get out for one last night with old friends. Unfortunately everyone was busy. Everyone but Ali. We went to meet her uncle and his lady in the city for what I thought would be a fairly benign night. I was told to bring a santa hat, but couldn't get one so I went without it. I met them at a bar after driving the steep SF hills witha stick shift in confusion for a half hour.
I should have brought a santa hat. The bar was filled with people dressed up as santa and wearing santa hats. our bunch knew some folks in the santa bunch and proceded to bar hop with 40 or so santas by way of school bus(a guy rented it and a driver for the night) until 4 am. I vaguely remember a whole bar being lit on fire with 151, taking a santa hat fom a puking chick who got tossed off the bus, walking a really long way when the bus left us at the end of the night, and the topper was getting to my car at the end of the night (i was in no condition to drive, dont worry) and finding that the parking garage was locked up. I think I got 1.5 hrs of sleep that night. Then I was on a plane right that morning to ID.
Oh, and Idaho was way cool too. Calling the snow sparse is a pretty generous satement. There was maybe 6 inches on the lower mountain where snowmaking wasnt happening. Never the less, the day we got there they opened the upper bowls which had enough snow on the north slopes and I got to ride dry desert powder all day. SO Sweet! It was really nice to hang out with my two other brothers too. It's been a while since the three of us have seen each other and the usual shenanigans were in order.
Now I am off to Nevada and Utah for another adventure!

No comments: