February 19, 2007

Worked to the bone



Holy Crap! I have been worked to the bone the last 2 weeks. I am SO over this whole forestry thing right now. I have spent the last 2 weeks up near Astoria with a coworker and a 7-12 person contract crew planting 65,000 doug fir seedlings. I don't actually have to plant the seedlings thank god, just dig up a sample of what has been planted to make sure the planters aren't doing it wrong (doug-firs are really finnicky about how they are planted) . Either way, hiking around shitty terrain while it is pouring rain for 10 hours and then having to return to an empty, Colleen-less hotel room SUCKS! Only one more week...

Greg, Me, Rob, and possibly Darrell are going to Red Rocks in April to get some real climbing in. On my tic list: Epinephrin, Tunnel Vision, Rainbow Wall.

Oh, and I am sure you saw the latest Mt. Hood incident on the news today. Well, that finally spurred my dad into getting me an Avvy beacon. ...Sweet


No comments: