February 26, 2007

Done with planting

Thank goodness, I am finally done with planting for the year. I really thought I woudl be jumping for joy when this moment arrived, but I am jsut too exhausted to. The best I could manage was a "Wahoo!" before getting into my truck as we left this afternoon. In 3 weeks and one day the contract crew of 8(average) planted 102,000 Doug-Fir seedlings. I dug up, scrutinized, and replanted about 3,000 of these. It rained, hailed, snowed and froze. I am so happy it is over. Well, not really; I have to start surveys on a 93 acre unit tomorrow which is going to occupy at least all of this and next week. God Dammit.

While I was out and about I thought up something interesting to blog about almost every day; and then promptly forgot it. I find myself using this as a journal too much and I think I need to start putting more profound thoughts down.

On that note, Colleen has become addicted to the show Top Model. Honestly people! I thought she wasn't like that, but apparently I was wrong. Paco, Rachel, can you fix her? I cant. Oh well, I guess she has to have her girlie shows.

Oh, and I gotta say, (caution: inflamatory comment ahead) it sucks to be a skier. Why you ask? Because in 3 weekends, 3 friends who ski have all torn their ACL and or MCL. And meanwhile, us snowboarders are just chuggin along injury free. Cheers to powder days you cant touch now Meg, Bryan, and Brad!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Oh, come now! How dare you give away my Top Model compulsion!

So, I watch 5 episodes of an old show on my computer and suddenly I'm addicted?! And, this makes me "girlie?" Firstly, that modeling thing looks somewhat hard; you try walking gracefully down a two-foot-wide catwalk in six-inch stilettos. (No really, will you try it? That would be priceless.) Secondly, I watch Jackass and Family Guy more than Top Model; does that make me "boy-ie?" I didn't know there had to be such definite gender lines.

Wow, I can't believe I just argued this point. Can I just say that I had a long day at work with the sixth-graders...going to go calm myself with some Top Model...aww nuts!