September 25, 2007

Work Stress

I now know what work stress is all about. I went to sleep last night a little curious as to why my daily seeding records were a little wonky, but didnt think about it too much. When I got to the warehouse to pick the seed for the day, I found that there was 62 bags of seed left. I was expecting 38. 62-38= a surplus of 24. each bag of seed being several thousand dollars, that is an expensive fucking mistake! So I promptly began to freak out and try to figure out what went wrong. Now I am no math whiz, but I was fairly confidant in the basic addition and subtraction and multiplication that the job had required so far. After spending 2 hours recalulating EVERYTHING I had done on EVERY day the last week and a half, I couldnt find the error. I felt like I was taking crazy pills! So I started trying to figure out a way to explain this to my boss and the people who were paying for this all. In a really basic little calculation, I found the error I had been hunting for; and it wasn't even my fault! Hurrah!!! My boss had given us some wrong percentages on the first day in plan for the while project. It was his $30,000 mistake! Hah! So now I get to call my new boss nad let him know he FUCKED UP (though probably in slightly more diplomatic terms).
What a day. I need a drink. PBR, you mah only friend!

PS, Greg finally jumped on the bandwagon and got a blog.

No comments: