February 15, 2008

Moving day

Aside from a few small hiccups, the moving in process has been rather quick, and relatively painless. Colleen and I had a minor disagreement on what should be moved and what was “packrat junk” but after bashing her over the head with a good dose of logic talk and some large chunks of foam, I got the things over that were necessary. It seemed rather wasteful to throw away perfectly good things, but she insisted on getting rid of some! And then right when I am about to concede that I might have some things that can go to the trash, I find a bag of used bags that colleen had been packratting for the last several years. Yes, a trashbag full of neatly organized, yet tattered, Ziploc bags that god only knows what she was saving for. Sorry for the rant.
As with any new house, it takes a while to get used to the new surroundings; especially at night. I personally feel it was karma after all the heckling I got about keeping sentimental junk, but in the middle of the night I woke up just in time to hear Colleen walk headfirst into a wall while trying to find the bathroom. Hah! Another nighttime run in with an inanimate object! She blames it on poor vision but I think she has a drinking problem…

While moving into this house, "Big Pimpin'" has been stuck in my head all day. :)

1 comment:

e78 said...

where is this new house?