November 10, 2005

Cold is upon us

Yep, it is officially cold. Has been for the past week. I am oficially calling this the beginning of the cold, dark season that is Winter. The good news is that snow fell on the mountains. Enough for the resorts to open a week early.

Tomorrow night Jesse Swift and I are driving to Seattle to Scuba dive in Puget Sound for the weekend. It is going to be warmer in the ocean than outside, and that is saying a lot because the water in northern washington is cooooold. Hopefully we will be able to snag some crabs for dinner. I am really excited for this, and especially to see Jesse's face after that first dive (he hasn't ever dove cold water before.)
Speaking of diving, I scanned the underwater photos from Hawaii.
The rest are on my webspace (check link to the right). I got to pet the whitetip on the right; way cool, especially after one tried to bite me the night before. I need to go back to Kauai soon, it is good for the soul.


Beer update: it really does taste like an amber. a really sweet amber. really sweet. oh well, it is tasty and has alcohol in it so I would say my job is done. time to drink it!

No comments: