November 16, 2005


Dev an I were talking about climbing the other day(do we really ever talk about anything else? no.), and the subject of aid climbing came up. Now of course, as free climbers, we are obligated to make fun of those on "the dark side" of climbing as frequently as possible. The main point of aid climbing it seems, is to travel slowly. No one ever talks about the speed-aid ascent of El Cap(because aid climbing is slow) or the world record slowest ascent of Half Dome(because ...AID CLIMBING IS SLOW!). Free climbing is where it is at, fast, fun, daring. Those silly aid climbers and their bling.

I am working on bringing back the lost art of fucking with people for no reason at all. I don't mean that in a maliscious way at all either. Well, not malisciously, but ideally another word which allows for a little leeway in my interpretation of mean. I am going to kick this off with a campout on someone's lawn or porch on a random weekday. That is all. Just a little urban camping. Why do this you ask? Why not! I certainly dont have to bother with schoolwork (or classes for that matter) this term, so I feel the need to mess with people who do. :) Don't laugh; your front yard might be next.

I am leaving to climb Mt. Hood in about a half hour. Wish me luck!

Oh, and scuba in Puget Sound with Jesse was incredible. We got to play with an octopus that was 10 feet long tip to tip! Lots of other col stuff too, but that will be up here later.
Peace.

No comments: