November 29, 2006

I broke my wrist, kinda.

I did the drive to california and was off on my predicted arrival time by 15 minutes (over a 10 hr drive, thats a pretty good estimate). I then went up to san francisco to chill with the homies, and chill we did! Drank a bunch at a friends house and then decided to go out into the street (SF is famous for its steep hills) and longboard said hills. My first run was awesome, I carved the shit outta that street! The second run, I was doing even better, ...and then I was sliding across the pavement. My skateboard trucks found a HUGE pothole that I drunkenly didn't see and I went flying, landing on my left side and getting roadrash like none other (I gotta say though, I have a lot of respect for arcteryx stuff now. There was skin on the inside of the jacket but not a single thread was torn or scuffed on the outside of my softshell.) I landed on my wrist and it immediately swelled up to the point that I could barely move it. I went to the doctor the next day and she looked at the xrays and said that my radius was fractured near the end. So I got it all splinted up and was planning on going in to get it put in a cast on monday. Then on sunday the same lady calls and says that the head radiologist took another look atthe xrays and decided that I had just sprained my wrist really badly. Hooray! now I can go on the RedRocks trip again! And then I found out that Bryan cancelled the trip when I got back to Oregon. Grrr...

No comments: