November 06, 2006

Keep on keepin' on

I do still exist, but you wouldn't guess it by checking this blog. Whatever, me and my busy, busy life (Yea right!) have very little time to update this. There will be a fall party soon to celebrate the fact that through a group effort, we produced around 8 gallons of hard cider courtesy of Cody's apple press. A real theme for the party is still necessary and you can submit suggestions in the commments section at the end of the post.
I got a new job at the forest for the next 6 months or so. I will be working full time for 2 nice guys named Brent and Rich. We are going to be doing reforestation work at the various forests owned by the school. I get to supervise planting crews :P and measure seedling growth to make sure the clearcuts are growing up properly. Basically, it is me walking around in the forest, in the rain, in the mud, avoiding wild animals all day. Oh well. It pays.
In the last two months I have gone rafting climbing, hiking, fishing, scuba diving and biking. Colleen and I raced in the Flying "M" Ranch "adventure" style duathalon. She ran and I biked. Despite a 20 min detour on my part (I was mildly lost compared to some I found out later) we placed first in our team category (out of 3 teams total). I was just stoked to make it to the finish. I carried my bike at least 1 of the 11 miles due to the clay-like mud that liked to clog up tires.
Ok, I need to do some work, seeing as I am at work.
Peace out.

1 comment:

Arielita said...

congrats on the job, entering the real world and not being a student...wow that is a lot at once. Drink some cider for me... a toast to the funholes!
paco