October 11, 2007

Damn dogs

I decided I would try running again because it is the easiest way to get out the energy that I have pent up which I cant get out at work. I ran down a street that we drive sometimes. Kinda rural, but it looked ok. Oh yea, and it was dark too. There were a few sets of scary dogs behind too short fences but just when I was coming back a dog found its way through a gate it's owner was trying to close and chased me. I got a nice little chomp on the calf by a PITBULL! I love dogs and all, but come on people!
Speaking of people, in Utah, Texas, and now New Mexico noone shops anywhere but WalMart. In all three states I have asked around patiently trying to find someone who knows of a non walmart grocery store, but no one does! "I think theres a walmart nearby" is all I got. Just being immersed in the culture of white trashiness down here makes me treasure the northwest so much. Even the trashy folks in Oregon are way cooler than trashy people down south. Oh, and the standard question when you order ANY food down here is "Do ya want da white gravy or da brown gavy?" I got asked if I wanted gravy for my halibut steak! WTF PEOPLE!

2 comments:

Arielita said...

OK just for the record Southern NM is totally different from Northern NM, an I am from the cool part. Hope you enjoy your shopping experience at wal-mart! )You should head North if you get a chance so you can see the beautiful, less trashy (in some senses) side of NM.

Rachel said...

that's a good thing about korea, no one asks you if you want gravy on anything. if they do ask me, i dont understand. luckily i dont have to shop at walmart in korea. we have E-mart-eh (which is the korean version that supposedly kicked walmart out of korea).