October 16, 2007

Espionage

Today, Colleen bought her wedding dress. And I know that it is customary that the groom doesn’t see the bride in the gown until wedding day, but you know me. I gotta see it. I have been plotting for weeks on how to get a peek at the dress, and I have been very forthcoming to Colleen about my desires to glimpse the dress. But I hadn’t yet figured out a way. Tailing her to the dress fitting shops wouldn’t work because they certainly wouldn’t let a man in there even if I was able to successfully follow her and Alyssa to a place.

So she calls me today to tell me that she just ordered the dress, and that she sent pictures of it to her mom and sis. Well, what is the easiest way to send photographs these days? EMAIL! ...And I have her login info. This was too easy! She buys the dress and I get to see the same day. And better yet, she is wearing it! But as I am weighing the options, the thought occurs to me that this was way too easy. Hardly even sporting. I didn’t have to work to get the coveted prewedding glance at all. She practically spoon fed me the dress pics. (which was a flag in itself that she might be throwing me a red herring) So over the phone I informed her of my plan and had her believing for a short while that I had indeed seen her wearing it. To my surprise, she really didn’t even seem to mad about it. Just surprised that my supposed coup had occurred so quickly and flawlessly. I eventually let her know that I would indeed see it, but under far more sporting circumstances. This was just too easy and I felt bad not having to fight tooth and nail for a glimpse of it. I’ll see it. Just you wait. *shit eating grin*

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Oooh, maybe you're on to me with the red herring thing...or maybe not. In any case, the "dress" (*to be used with Dr. Evil quotes) will be kept under lock-and-key and the "pictures" of "me/it" will be destroyed before you can ever see.

Two can play at this game, babe.

e78 said...

brandt.eric@gmail.com if you need to get a hold of me

Greg D said...

dude, isn't that bad luck?