October 20, 2007

Hot New Mexico Nights

Dude, NM seriously sucks. I am going insane. There is no one to socialize with except for 8 smelly alcoholics who I work with on this project. Sorry guys, I really dont want to go to the secret society sausage fest that is the "Moose Lodge" (apparently some member only fraternal org). So, I sit here and bitch. I can't wait to get back to OR. First thing I am going to do is go on a several day climbing adventure (weather permitting) and hike in the oh so glorious trees. The weird thing about NM is that if there is a tree around, chances are it was planted by a human. Trees just dont grow here. How depressing for someone who majored in forestry. I just dont fit in here. 24 more hours and then at least I'll be in Zion NP where trees do grow.
Oh yea, last thing I have to do for this project is Monday I am meeting with a General in the US Army at white sands missile range. The pilots have to fly over the range for several of the BLM units and we have to go talk him into giving us permission. I dont think I have ever met a general before. How cool. NM still sucks. Maybe not Taos tho.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

In response to your comment about my wedding dress on my blog: No, just YOU wait. And wait. And wait 8 months. ; )