July 06, 2007

The best place to get a haircut

I got a haircut today that was unlike any other. No there was no balloon animal man, but there was beer. I have been in need of a haircut for the last 2 weeks or so. I found 3 different places in downtown, but they all had hours that conflicted with my work and or recreation schedule. I finally made it in today and apparently I picked the correct one of three. I walk in and first notice that they obviously only give guys haircuts. There is "guy" stuff on all the walls and not a single shampoo bottle in sight. Then I get told to write my name on the whiteboard and pick a beer from the list! Yea! Lemme tell ya, I didnt mind waiting a half hour one bit with a Cascade Lakes 20" Brown in one hand and a Calvin and Hobbes in the other. I noticed shortly that the 3 barbers pretty much know everyone who came in and people were happy to sit and wait 45 minutes before getting a cut. The conversation was different to, instead of lounge music with awkward conversation here and there, there was heckling. The barbers and customers were talking shit to each other! When my name was called, the two main topics of conversation were Smith Rock and fishing. They had a poster of Karate Crack on the wall even! I found the single best shop in Bend. They even vacumed my head and neck (after a single bladed razor shave) to make sure the hair bits wouldn't fall down my shirt. WOW. Bend: I am impressed.

2 comments:

e78 said...

few things are more satisfying than a good haircut.

Colleen said...

you, my friend, are the cutest thing on earth...i can't imagine a better boyfriend than one who takes the time to blog about a haircut...way to pay homage to the little things in life that matter...Can't wait to see ya next week!

Love,
Collers