July 12, 2007

must recoup

I think this weekend needs to be spent relaxing. My body is starting to give out. Yesterday was the hardest day I have had to endure in a really long time. we hiked 7 miles in 95 degree temps in open lodgepole forest clearing trail of downed logs. I stopped counting cut logs after 150 and we had 140+ to go by the time we had to stop and hike out. My feet hurt most, but everything hurts really. There is no easy way to carry a chainsaw for 7 miles, trust me, I tried every orientation I could.
Everyone at work thinks I am crazy for continuing to recreate after work (there is still 4.5 hrs of daylight left to play in after work!). I haven't really taken a weekend to slow down yet and it is starting to catch up with me. My days off have been filled with hiking, climbing and boating and I just cant take it anymore. This weekend I am devoting myself to drinking and movies. Yea, screw Ariel and Rachel's detox thing, I am swilling grog until I cant stand on a slackline anymore. (See that! I cant just let myself sit on a couch and drink! I have to be doing something!) It is hard work being an Ian.

No comments: